Nurses learn valuable skills in the Intensive Journal program.
3 Core Workshops
Part I: Life Context (LC): Foundations of the Intensive Journal Method. Prerequisite: None. Length: 10-12 hours
- Learn basic rules for using the Intensive Journal method and principles of holistic depth psychology that underlie the method.
- Use Life Positioning exercises to describe feelings and events about your nursing career and to develop the continuity in your professional development.
Apply Entrance Meditation™ techniques to reduce tension and access inner processes.
Use and integrate diary techniques into the Intensive Journal process.
Apply I-Thou model of dialogue techniques to develop bereavement skills, work through work situations, and health/body issues.
Recall and develop experiences of deep emotion and meaning.
Part II: Depth Contact (DC): Symbolic Images and Meaning.
Prerequisite: LC workshop. 10-12 hours
- Use dialogue techniques to explore events or situations in the workplace.
- Apply non-analytical methods for using symbolic material.
Recall and develop significant experiences about your profession.
Reappraise a meaningful event that can provide important lessons.
Apply dialogue techniques to work through issues relating to the health care industry.
Define and organize issues to synthesize beliefs and priorities.
Part III: Life Integration (LI): the Journal Feedback™ Process: Integrating the Intensive Journal Process. Prerequisite: LC & DC, or LE workshops. 10-12 hours
- Explain and define the principles for using the Journal Feedback process.
- Use the daily log function to stimulate the Journal Feedback process.
Develop and further organize daily feelings about the workplace through advanced feedback techniques.
Apply the Journal Feedback Process to the Dialogue Dimension exercises.
Use dreams and imagery as leads to other sections using the Journal Feedback Process.
Apply the Journal Feedback Process to the Meaning Dimension exercises.
Please have a copy of our brochure on nursing