The Intensive Journal method provides teachers with a practical tool to use throughout their career to become more effective in carrying out the many facets of their profession. These benefits include:
Reflect on Your Teaching Practices
- Apply practical methods to reflect on the quality of your teaching practices.
- Examine your performance in a private non-judgmental environment.
- Reflect on work related issues from various viewpoints.
Reconnect with Your Passion for Teaching
- Reconnect with the underlying reasons that you entered the teaching profession.
- Obtain renewed energy, vitality and sense of purpose. Discover new interests and ways to view your profession
Foster Relationships in the Teaching Environment
- Improve communication and interpersonal skills; become better able to listen to and relate to students, parents and administration.
- Learn techniques to deepen understanding as a way to build bridges to colleagues, parents and community.
Stimulate Your Productivity
- Stimulate creative and intuitive capacities -- a rich source of knowledge for developing new insights.
- Work through personal issues to allow for greater focus and enhanced relationships with students and faculty.
Develop Your Career Path
- Gain perspectives influencing the direction and continuity of your career while developing new goals and opportunities.
- Identify skills and interests for becoming more productive.
Reduce Stress and Prevent Burnout
- By working through teaching related issues and personal conflicts, the professional environment becomes less stressful.
- Resolving issues and reconnecting with your passion for teaching helps prevent burnout.