Learn Dr. Progoff’s process for individual growth through direct application and experience in your life.
The workshops are an effective and practical way to understand the benefits of the Intensive Journal method and obtain an experiential grounding in holistic depth psychology.
You are learning how to apply these valuable techniques and approaches in your therapy practice. can be done by you as you apply it to your life.
3 Core Workshops
Part I: Life Context (LC): Foundations of the Intensive Journal Method. Prerequisite: None. Length: 10-12 hours
- Explain and define basic rules for using the Intensive Journal method and principles of holistic depth psychology that underlie the method.
- Use Life Positioning exercises to gain a perspective on life.
Integrate diary techniques into the ongoing life process.
Apply Entrance MeditationTM techniques to access inner processes.
Apply Twilight Imagery exercises to develop one’s inner capacities.
Utilize Progoff's model of inner dialogue to deepen understanding of major areas of life.
Part II: Depth Contact (DC): Symbolic Images and Meaning.
Prereq. LC or Life Experience (LE) workshops. 10-12 hours
- Utilize additional applications of Progoff's model of inner dialogue.
- Apply non-analytical methods for using symbolic material.
Recall and develop significant experiences of meaning.
Reappraise a meaningful event that can provide important lessons.
Apply advanced meditation techniques (Mantra/Crystals).
Define and organize issues to synthesize beliefs and priorities.
Part III: Life Integration/Journal FeedbackTM Process: Integrating the Life Process. Prereq: LC & DC, or LE workshops. 10-12 hours
- Explain and define the principles for using the Journal Feedback process.
- Use the daily log function to stimulate the Journal Feedback process.
Apply the Journal Feedback process to the Life/Time Dimension.
Apply the Journal Feedback process to the Dialogue Dimension.
Use dreams and imagery as leads to other sections using the Journal Feedback process.
Apply the Journal Feedback process to the Meaning Dimension.
Please have a copy of our brochure on therapist